Translate

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A New Beginning

As with any new experience, there is a tinge of anxiety, excitement, uncertainty, and electricity.
    How will things unravel?  What path should I follow?  Where shall it lead me?

Whatever may happen, the adventure leads to something new and endearing, that will change our lives forever--for good or for ill.

This is the beginning of a new adventure for me.  An exploration of language, imagery, sound, and energy. And an opportunity to share meaning that resonates with anyone who wishes to find it.

On any path, we often come to crossroads. They are intriguing. Sitting at a street cafe in Paris on Place Denfert-Rochereau--a star shaped intersection of four different intersecting roads--I encountered a dizzying interaction of color, language, sounds, activities.

It is at these locations where most traffic collides, where commonalities intersect, where ideas connect, and where the greatest degree of uncertainty lies.

Do we skirt the crossroads?  Avoid uncertainty?  Abandon interaction? It's an easy choice to stay on the same path, never diverge.

But it is at the crossroads, where the experiences allow the mind to expand, to see more, to evaluate, to make new choices, and to find the balance in life amongst all the forces that keep the world colorful.

I can't say writing has always been an interest of mine, or was a talent of which I was particularly adept (and my high school teachers would likely tend to agree) and yet somehow it has evolved into something that I truly enjoy.  And I have not yet fully explored it as I would like.  This is one of many steps down a new road--a road that I anticipate will lead to many interesting crossroads.

I hope you enter and enjoy the journey and adventure with me in the weeks, months, and hopefully years to come--in whatever way it strikes you.  And I hope you have many of your own adventures, new beginnings, and crossroads that make your life fulfilling and joyful as well.

2 comments:

  1. I'm up for an adventure! Lead the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to finally reading what's in your head! I have approached a crossroads in my life as well, and have considered re-booting my own blog for the journey. Perhaps we will take this writing journey together, if I can get my act together. :)

    ReplyDelete